Thursday 9 January 2014

2013 - A YEAR IN REVIEW

Better late than never, I decided to do a little round up of my 2013. Here are a few highlights that summarise my best year yet..

University

The first half of my year was spent almost entirely at university, working towards the end of my fashion degree. It was such a stressful time, but I can safely say that working hard most certainly pays off and I am still super proud of my final collection and portfolio. I feel like completing my degree has given me the inspiration to continue fashion and textiles at home, by making a living for myself, and has made me realise that moving away from home for a job as a designer does not particularly appeal to me any more. The thought of working from home is a much more exciting prospect. I may not be working on my own business just yet, but I certainly hope that 2014 is the year for starting something new. Below are a couple of images from my graduate collection, but feel free to visit my website and browse my entire portfolio.



May Ball



Graduate Fashion Week

A week in London for GFW was the best possible end to my time as a student. It was so rewarding to display my portfolio for all to see and especially wonderful for my chummy, Lucy, to win her childrenswear award. It was also really enjoyable to experience living in London for a short amount of time and not have to worry about any more work or deadlines, and instead just sit back and appreciate it all.





Graduation



Superdry

Since graduating I started a retail job at Superdry. In the short time I've been there, I've made some amazing friends and hope that this job will open more doors in visual merchandising and head office positions.


The Lake District

Immediately after securing my job, me and my boyfriend moved into our first home together. This is something we had been wanting to do for a long time and I could not be any happier than when I am at home with him. In the same month we celebrated our 5 year anniversary with a holiday to the Lake District. It was absolutely beautiful and we can't wait to go again! 




Engagement

On Christmas day, George put the most beautiful ring on my finger. I could not be any happier right now and I'm extremely excited to start planning our wedding day! :)

Matilda

Sadly, at the very end of the year, my beautiful bunny passed away. I had been expecting it for a little while, as she was showing signs of her age, but I certainly miss having her around and was really sad to say goodbye. R.i.p little baby.


Happy New Year everyone. I have a feeling 2014 will be pretty damn good!

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment