Monday 26 May 2014

PINSPIRATION #7

As some of you may remember, I got engaged at Christmas so I am currently planning my wedding! Being a bit of a crazy pinterest lady, I have been gathering lots of ideas for the big day and thought I would share some of my favourite things with you..


THE VENUE


1. One of the first things we decided was that we wanted a barn wedding. Neither of us are fond of traditional weddings set in churches or manor houses and would instead prefer something small and rustic that we can decorate to our own taste.


2. This barn is a better representation of the size of venue we would be looking for. We also LOVE this type of lighting. It creates a gorgeous, warm atmosphere. Lots of candles are also a must!


THE DECORATIONS


3. This tree slice cupcake stand is one of my favourite finds so far. In case you hadn't noticed, we like a lot of wood and want our wedding to have an autumnal/ woodland feel. We're also going to have an assortment of cupcakes rather than a wedding cake, so this would be perfect for displaying them. Rather than buying one, we're thinking it should be fairly easy to make one at home. Especially since my dad is a carpenter ;)


4. Candles, candles and more candles. We've been collecting jars since Christmas..


5. We don't want to overdo it with the flowers, so I love this simple arrangement. I think one of these with a table number attached to it would look lovely as a centrepiece, and it's another use for all the jars that are taking over my cupboards.


THE DRESS


6. I'm set on finding the perfect 1950s style dress. I really don't like full length, princess-like wedding dresses and would love something shorter and more doll-like with a vintage feel. Everyone asks me if I'm going to make my own dress, which is something I constantly think about, but I'm not sure I could handle the stress of making my own wedding dress! I'm keen to get designing though and can't wait to try some on in the shops, so we'll see where I go from there.


7. At the moment, this is one of my favourite necklines. It's such a beautiful, flattering shape. The lace detail is really pretty too.


8. Another reason for having a shorter dress.. so I can show off a beautiful pair of shoes!


THE INVITATIONS


9. We both enjoy graphic design and are really looking forward to making our own invitations. We love this idea of a pack which would include the invite, a map of the venue and any other bits of info.


10. I love how cute and handmade this invitation looks. The button is very 'me' and George loves the idea too!


I thought I would stop here, or this post could get very long..
I hope you enjoyed this little insight into my wedding ideas. There's so much to think about at the moment and it's all very exciting! I'm thinking of doing regular wedding related posts on here, whether it's more of these pinterest updates or just when anything significant happens.

Have you been to any weddings lately? Are you planning a wedding of your own?

Don't forget to follow me on pinterest!

1 comment:

  1. Love it so badly! I want my wedding to be just like this!

    ReplyDelete